Venture & Innovation
Stories about local business ventures and innovation.
Google recently announced Project Fi, a lower-cost wireless service that allows a cellphone to look for a Wi-Fi connection before sending the call through a more expensive cell-tower connection. The idea got a lot of attention, but Raleigh-based Republic Wireless says it's been doing the same thing for four years.
- Holden Beach 10-year-old uses popcorn business to buy Christmas gifts for other kids
- The colonel's secret recipe revealed? Not so fast, says KFC
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Raleigh nonprofit hopes 'pay what you want' pop-ups can help people get healthy meals
- Cree (again) recalls LED lamps that get too hot