Venture & Innovation
Stories about local business ventures and innovation.
Google recently announced Project Fi, a lower-cost wireless service that allows a cellphone to look for a Wi-Fi connection before sending the call through a more expensive cell-tower connection. The idea got a lot of attention, but Raleigh-based Republic Wireless says it's been doing the same thing for four years.
- Will Trump end globalization? The doubt haunts Davos' elite
- Matt Cohler helped build Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Uber. Here's his advice for startups
- China's growth in 2016 slumps as Trump trade struggle looms
- Paramount inks $1B film co-finance deal with 2 Chinese firms
- Navy: Wind farm opposed by GOP lawmakers won't harm radar