Venture & Innovation
Stories about local business ventures and innovation.
Google recently announced Project Fi, a lower-cost wireless service that allows a cellphone to look for a Wi-Fi connection before sending the call through a more expensive cell-tower connection. The idea got a lot of attention, but Raleigh-based Republic Wireless says it's been doing the same thing for four years.
- Junior League of Raleigh donates 20 percent of Bargain Box sales to Matthew victims
- AT&T to close flooded Goldsboro call center; workers offered chance to transfer
- Some buyers call classes by 'Flip or Flop' stars misleading
- SAS ranks No. 2 in global Great Place to Work list
- US stocks slip; real estate falls and banks climb