Anger Boils Over at Motricity as Layoffs Loom
Blog and news sites all over the Web (including the Post Intelligencer in Seattle where the Motricity headquarters could be moved) picked up the LTW story.
Some of the most intense reaction LTW received regarded whether Wuerch is a co-founder of the company. Several folks claimed he only brokered the finances that led to the merger between Pinpoint Networks (launched in Durham) and PowerbyHand, which launched in Tennessee.
We’ll not repeat here some of the comments made on the Motricity blog. But it’s painfully clear that below the skin of a company which has been widely touted as a sterling Triangle tech success story there is a burning fever.
...Copyright 2013 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Please log in to view WRALTechWire Insider content
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- NC Biotech Center braces for worst as Senate slashes budget, too
- ArchiveSocial, a new Durham success story, brings home international award
- Durham's high-tech infrastructure, talent lure Virginia company
- Lenovo acknowledges layoffs in Morrisville as part of shift to 'PC Plus' strategy
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows