As Cree tops $1B, better light bulb search goes on
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The Durham-based company cracks $1 billion in revenues at age 25, but its top executive acknowledges that consumers aren't yet embracing LED lights. "The consumer is pretty straightforward on that," Chuck Swoboda says of coolness to LEDS at home. "I think we're just not quite there."...
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'
- Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
- Bravo! 'The Escapist' is a finalist for a 4th Webby Award