Epic Games cancels Gears title, plans return to PC roots
At a game developers conference, Epic executives disclose that the Cary-based developer of the $1 billion "Gears of War" franchise has dropped development of a new Gears title. It could have been for the hands-free Kinect. However, Epic is returning to its PC roots with an unnamed title....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- VC attorney: Crowdfunding will boost growth - but don't expect 'economic miracle'
- Crowdfunding stays alive in revised Senate bill, but ...
- Meet the 'born multi-tasker' bringing Startup Grind to Raleigh
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'