'StartUp America' tour kicks off in Durham
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
Specifically, the team wanted to find out how to encourage startup businesses and to find out what is keeping small-business owners from expanding, as well as what could be done to help them grow.
Executives from several local businesses, including Blue Bright Ventures, Geomagic and Zenph Sound, took part in the meeting.
The StartUp America team’s next stop is in Austin, Texas on March 12. Other stops include Boston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis and Boulder, Colo.
• Web Editor: Kelly Gardner
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.
Copyright 2013 WRAL Tech Wire. All rights reserved.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows