Salesforce.com buys 'cloud' startup Heroku for $212M
SAN FRANCISCO — In a move to expand its cloud computing efforts into mobile applications and social networking, salesforce.com Inc. said Wednesday that it will pay $212 million in cash for Heroku, which hosts developers' "apps" on its site for a fee....
Copyright 2014 WRAL Tech Wire. All rights reserved.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
- Red Hat 'supports' new Linux security initiative but isn't a listed funder
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'