Salesforce.com buys 'cloud' startup Heroku for $212M
SAN FRANCISCO — In a move to expand its cloud computing efforts into mobile applications and social networking, salesforce.com Inc. said Wednesday that it will pay $212 million in cash for Heroku, which hosts developers' "apps" on its site for a fee....
Copyright 2016 WRAL TechWire. All rights reserved.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Want a job at SAS? Here's what they are looking for
- Google Fiber halts expansion but 'work will continue' in Triangle, Charlotte
- Allyson Sutton begins writing new pages in post-HQ Raleigh career
- Study: RTP among lowest-cost sites to lure advanced manufacturing
- Report: Pentagon warns against use of Lenovo gear, citing cybersecurity, China
- Inside Charlotte's startup scene: Surging - but with growing pains
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends
- Triangle fiber wars intensify: Lightower expands Raleigh network