Cempra Pharmaceuticals names Intersouth exec to board
Chapel Hill, N.C. —
Kent replaces Garheng Kong, who recently left Intersouth to join a VC firm in Silicon Valley, as Intersotuh’s board representative.
Kong remains chair of the Cempra board. He now works with Sofinnova Ventures.
Kent has more than 25 years of experience in pharmaceuticals and drug development. He is former chief executive officer of Sernex, which was acquired by Pfizer two years ago.
"Adding Dr. Kent to our board, with his experience both in shepherding [new drug applications] through to regulatory approval and his involvement with Serenex's transaction with Pfizer, is an important step for Cempra," said Prabhavathi Fernandes, Cempra’s CEO. "We have two differentiated antibiotic candidates in mid-to-late stage clinical development. His advice will be invaluable as both of our antibiotics move forward towards an NDA as well as assisting us with our partnering strategy."
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.
...Copyright 2013 WRAL Tech Wire. All rights reserved.
Please log in or register to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBM layoff update: North American cuts climb; mum is word down under
- At last! Sprint 4G service formally launches in Triangle
- Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
- Big Blue layoff count nears 2,800 in North America alone
- NC's high-tech job picture improves in May, but ...
- IBM layoff count hits nearly 2,300 across 31 work groups
- NC IDEA: Startup deal flow 'better than it has ever been'
- IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
- CEO fears for future of NC Biofuels Center due to budget cuts
- Workers 50+ take biggest hit among 14% reduction in IBM marketing group