Cempra Pharmaceuticals names Intersouth exec to board
Chapel Hill, N.C. —
Kent replaces Garheng Kong, who recently left Intersouth to join a VC firm in Silicon Valley, as Intersotuh’s board representative.
Kong remains chair of the Cempra board. He now works with Sofinnova Ventures.
Kent has more than 25 years of experience in pharmaceuticals and drug development. He is former chief executive officer of Sernex, which was acquired by Pfizer two years ago.
"Adding Dr. Kent to our board, with his experience both in shepherding [new drug applications] through to regulatory approval and his involvement with Serenex's transaction with Pfizer, is an important step for Cempra," said Prabhavathi Fernandes, Cempra’s CEO. "We have two differentiated antibiotic candidates in mid-to-late stage clinical development. His advice will be invaluable as both of our antibiotics move forward towards an NDA as well as assisting us with our partnering strategy."
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur
- Analyze this: SAS steps up education commitment with Teradata deal