Syngenta Biotechnology wraps up move into 100,000 square foot building
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Syngenta Biotechnology’s continued expansion in RTP has reached another milestone with the completion of a move into a 100,000 square foot building in Keystone Office Park.
Syngenta, which recently purchased 50 additional acres in RTP for future growth, leased the additional space. It also has a facility on Cornwallis Drive.
The company, which works on crops, employs more than 400 people in the Park.
“As the biotechnology industry continues to grow, SBI is staying on top of the curve by expanding to meet customer and company needs,” said Bill Hlavac, head of site operations for Syngenta, in a statement. “This new space allows us to continue our day-to-day activities comfortably while providing the flexibility to renovate lab and other facilities at the Cornwallis location as needed.”
Syngenta will offer its employees shuttle service between the two buildings.
According to the company, the recently leased building is an interim solution as its campus is developed.
Syngenta employs more than 25,000 people worldwide.
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.
Copyright 2013 WRAL Tech Wire. All rights reserved.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows