Durham-based Novella Clinical acquires Ohio CRO
DURHAM, N.C. – Life sciences research and services firm Novella Clinical is expanding in size and expertise, having acquired Ohio-based Prologue Research International.
Prologue is a contract research organization focused on research in oncology.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Novella Clinical was formerly known as PharmaLinkFHI.
"The acquisition of Prologue strengthens our oncology therapeutic franchise and is a strategic addition to our earlier announced deal this year with OSI Pharmaceuticals," said Novella Chief Executive Officer Richard Staub in a statement.
"Prologue's experience includes the management of more than 120 oncology trials across a wide variety of indications with a customer base that does not overlap with Novella Clinical's,” he added. “With Prologue, Novella will expand its support to oncology Sponsors with the creation of a dedicated business unit focused exclusively on oncology drug development, with the objective of bringing much needed products to market to improve the lives of people with cancer."
Prologue employs some 60 people. Novella has a staff of 738 people.
Get the latest news alerts: Follow LTW at Twitter.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution