Siemens Medical Solutions formally opens new Cary building
Local Tech Wire
CARY, N.C. – Siemens Medical Solutions formally opened its national customer service headquarters in Cary on Monday.
The six-story building covers 143,000 square feet and can house more than 700 employees, according to the company.
Siemens Medical supports its medical imaging equipment and software from its Cary Medical Campus. The campus also includes a new 600-car parking deck as well as a cafeteria and two centers for training and development.
The company launched construction of the new building and parking deck in 2008. The expansion is also expected to include some 300 new jobs.
Siemens Medical will receive $5.6 million in tax rebates through a North Carolina Job Development Investment Grant if it meets all new-job creation goals.
"Service is more than just a word: It is a commitment to excellence," said Rick Legleiter, senior vice president for Customer Service at Siemens Healthcare. "Providing 24x7 service and support to our customers is essential to the health and welfare of hospitals and medical facilities – and ultimately, the healthcare of their patients."
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution