Cempra Pharmaceuticals names former J&J executive to lead business development
Local Tech Wire
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Donald Olsen, a 14-year veteran of Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical licensing troup, is the new executive vice president of business development at Cempra Pharmaceuticals.
Cempra is advancing two anti-infective products through clinical trials and also is pursing preclinical development of other inflammation and gastrointestinal compounds.
Olsen has more than 30 years of experience in the life science industry. He is a graduate in public health from Cape College in South Africa.
Cempra is privately held.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Durham's high-tech infrastructure, talent lure Virginia company
- Lenovo acknowledges layoffs in Morrisville as part of shift to 'PC Plus' strategy
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle