Cempra Pharmaceuticals names former J&J executive to lead business development
Local Tech Wire
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Donald Olsen, a 14-year veteran of Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical licensing troup, is the new executive vice president of business development at Cempra Pharmaceuticals.
Cempra is advancing two anti-infective products through clinical trials and also is pursing preclinical development of other inflammation and gastrointestinal compounds.
Olsen has more than 30 years of experience in the life science industry. He is a graduate in public health from Cape College in South Africa.
Cempra is privately held.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution