After wrapping up acquisition, Clinipace Worldwide is new name for Triangle-based CRO
Local Tech Wire
MORRISVILLE, N.C. – Clinical research firm Clinipace has a new name. a much larger footprint and more employees after closing on its acquisition of Kansas-based Worldwide Clinical Research.
Clinipace is now known as Clinipace Worldwide.
Clinipace added more than 30 additional employees with the deal as well as offices in Overland Park, Kansas, and operations in Brazil, Argentina and Peru.
The company said it plans to hire additional personnel at all its locations in 2010.
The combined operation has now managed more than 70 research projects at nearly 3,000 sites and involving 100,000 patients.
Barbara Geiger, the chief executive officer of Worldwide, will remain with the combined company as executive vice president of clinical operations. She will be based in Kansas.
Jeff Williams and Christopher Porter, the founders of Clinipace, remain chief executive officer and chief operating officer respectively. They launched the company in 2003.
Please log in to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- NC Biotech Center braces for worst as Senate slashes budget, too
- ArchiveSocial, a new Durham success story, brings home international award
- Durham's high-tech infrastructure, talent lure Virginia company
- Lenovo acknowledges layoffs in Morrisville as part of shift to 'PC Plus' strategy
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows