AAIPharma takes new name – ZeeCro – after selling off drug development division
Local Tech Wire
CARY, N.C. – Contract research organization AAIPharma has a new name and a streamlined focus.
ZeeCro is the new name.
The company is now focused on CRO services to life science companies worldwide after having sold its pharmaceutical development services business. The deal included use of the AAIPharma name.
Water Street Healthcare Partners, a private equity firm based in Chicago, bought the drug development group. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
Operating as AAIPharma Services Corp., the company remains based in Wilmington. It employs some 450 people. Water Street said it would invest $75 million to expand the operation.
• Integrated early development services (EU)
• Pharmaceutical analysis (EU)
• Clinical trial supplies (EU, SA)
• Phase 1 (EU)
• Bioanalysis(NA & EU)
• Global clinical development services
• Oncology development consulting
The company has operations in North and South America, Europe and South Africa.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur