Pozen secures second patent for its drug technology
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
The Chapel Hill-based drug firm said Tuesday that it had received a second patent for its technology that enables the combination of aspirin and so-called proton pump inhibitors. The latest one focuses on aspirin-based products.
Pozen believes PA product platform will lead to pain relievers that avoid the side effects aspiring can induce.
Under development are two combinations, PA32540 and PA8140.
Pozen is seeking commercial partners for the drugs.
The FDA last week said it wanted more tests on PA32540.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows