Pozen secures second patent for its drug technology
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
The Chapel Hill-based drug firm said Tuesday that it had received a second patent for its technology that enables the combination of aspirin and so-called proton pump inhibitors. The latest one focuses on aspirin-based products.
Pozen believes PA product platform will lead to pain relievers that avoid the side effects aspiring can induce.
Under development are two combinations, PA32540 and PA8140.
Pozen is seeking commercial partners for the drugs.
The FDA last week said it wanted more tests on PA32540.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?