Musician website ReverbNation's parent eMinor raises $3.6M
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
According to a filing with the SEC, eMinor raised the equity funding this month.
eMinor is based in Durham.
ReverbNation provides a marketing services suite that enables bands to communicate with fans over the web.
The site now boasts 2.36 million users, including:
- Industry Professionals
The company launched with $2 million in funding in 2007 under the name eMinor with its Web site called ReverbNation. It has offices in New York City and Durham.
eMinor raised another $3 million in 2008 and has pulled in about $10 million since launch.
The company is profitable, has grown to 65 employees from 50 at the start of the year, and is hiring, eMinor Chief Executive Officer Michael Dornberg told The Triangle Business Journal.
Investors include Southern Capitol Ventures, which is based in Raleigh.
Capitol Broadcasting, the parent of WRAL Tech Wire, is an investor in Southern Capitol.
Please log in or register to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- At last! Sprint 4G service formally launches in Triangle
- Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
- Big Blue layoff count nears 2,800 in North America alone
- NC's high-tech job picture improves in May, but ...
- IBM layoff count hits nearly 2,300 across 31 work groups
- NC IDEA: Startup deal flow 'better than it has ever been'
- IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
- CEO fears for future of NC Biofuels Center due to budget cuts
- Workers 50+ take biggest hit among 14% reduction in IBM marketing group
- 'Anxiety and disruption:' IBM's form letter for layoffs