SciQuest names vice president for technology
Irek's most recent position was chief technology officer and vice president of software engineering at Diagnosoft. Earlier in his career he worked for IBM and GlaxoSmithKline.
At SciQuest, which focuses on e-procurement services, Irek will be responsible for development and infrastructure resources. SciQuest operates on a software-as-a-service model.
“Charles brings a highly successful track record in software development to direct the SciQuest technology team,” said Stephen Wiehe, SciQuest's chief executive officer. “Charles’ extensive experience leading software development organizations and his entrepreneurial background make him the ideal choice for leading the development of innovative products that help support the overall success of our customers.”
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution