SciQuest names vice president for technology
Irek's most recent position was chief technology officer and vice president of software engineering at Diagnosoft. Earlier in his career he worked for IBM and GlaxoSmithKline.
At SciQuest, which focuses on e-procurement services, Irek will be responsible for development and infrastructure resources. SciQuest operates on a software-as-a-service model.
“Charles brings a highly successful track record in software development to direct the SciQuest technology team,” said Stephen Wiehe, SciQuest's chief executive officer. “Charles’ extensive experience leading software development organizations and his entrepreneurial background make him the ideal choice for leading the development of innovative products that help support the overall success of our customers.”
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows