Micosoft's 'Surface' tablet - A look at the specs
There are two models of the Surface, one with an ARM processor featuring Windows RT, and another with an Intel processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Two important things Microsoft didn't specify: How long the Surface's battery lasts on a single charge and the prices the tablets will carry when they hit stores this fall.
Here are the specs for both tablets:
Windows RT version of Surface
- Weight: About 1.5 lbs. (676 grams)
- Thickness: 9.3 mm
- Screen: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType HD Display
- Connections: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
- Storage options: 32 Gigabytes and 64 Gigabytes
- Extras: Runs Office '15' Apps, Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case and Stand
Windows 8 Pro version of Surface
- Weight: About 2 lbs. (903 grams)
- Thickness: 13.5 mm
- Clear: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType Full HD Display
- Connections: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
- Storage options: 64 GB and 128 GB
- Extras: Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block, VaporMg Case and Stand
Please log in or register to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBM layoff update: North American cuts climb; mum is word down under
- At last! Sprint 4G service formally launches in Triangle
- Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
- Big Blue layoff count nears 2,800 in North America alone
- NC's high-tech job picture improves in May, but ...
- IBM layoff count hits nearly 2,300 across 31 work groups
- NC IDEA: Startup deal flow 'better than it has ever been'
- IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
- CEO fears for future of NC Biofuels Center due to budget cuts
- Workers 50+ take biggest hit among 14% reduction in IBM marketing group