Remembering Red Hat’s sizzling IPO – with a toast from Microsoft
On Aug. 11, 1999, the Hatters went public with a stock offering that tripled in value in a day and made Red Hat a $3 billion company. A decade later, much has changed as a Microsoft SEC filing shows....
Copyright 2015 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- FCC changes broadband definition, rakes in $45 billion in wireless auction; Your broadband probably isn't broadband; Google vs. traditional media; Bill Gates is worried about AI
- Update: SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Google's 4Q earnings disappoint, but CFO eases the letdown
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts