Foreign help wanted: High-tech visa debate coming to RTP
If there is a "third rail" of death in the employment debate these days it's foreign workers and the number of so-called H-1B visas which the U.S. grants annually to skilled immigrants who want to work here. A non-partisan group and the Raleigh Chamber are bringing together an author on the benefits of immigration and three CEOs - including Jim Goodnight of SAS - as well as NCSU's engineering dean to discuss the issue....
Copyright 2015 WRAL TechWire. All rights reserved.
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts
- Will IBM cut 100,000 jobs? Even union is wary of the report
- Google's 'reserve the date' notice could mean fiber for Triangle
- Just who is driving for Uber? And why? You might be surprised
- Cree's top exec gets a curve ball to end earnings call - Might he split the company?