Business author Robert Tucker to keynote N.C. State innovation event
Raleigh, N.C. —
CIMS, founded in 1984, is a global, virtual research center located in N.C. State’s Poole College of Management. The industry/university cooperative research program is focused on how to manage innovation.
The CIMS event will be held Oct. 21 and 22 in the Raleigh Marriott City Center in downtown Raleigh. Tucker’s books include “Managing the Future: 10 Driving Forces of Change,” “Driving Growth Through Innovation” and “Innovation is Everybody’s Business.” Tucker has also appeared on PBS, CBS News and was a featured guest on the CNBC series “The Business of Innovation.”
Beside speaking at the CIMS event, Tucker will also host a series of live “Intelligent Interviews” with three chief innovation officers: Lee Clark-Sellers of Ply Gem Industries, Rolf Kleiner of Kelly Services and Stewart Witzeman of Eastman Chemical Company. These interviews are intended to give attendees the chance to hear what top U.S. firms are doing to foster innovation.
Other highlights from the CIMS meeting include a presentation from Steve Markham of N.C. State’s Poole College of Management, whose research looks at best practices and tools used for breakthrough innovation.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution