In the news: Chimerix, Centice, ENCO, PowerSecure
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
- Chimerix has named pharmaceutical industry veteran Ernest Mario chairman of its board of directors. Mario brings strong pharma industry experience to the role from an extensive career in executive posts at several pharmaceutical companies. He was CEO of Glaxo Holdings from 1989 to 1993, then the second-largest drug company in the world. He led drug delivery technology company ALZA from 1993 until 2001 when it was acquired by Johnson & Johnson.
Research Triangle Park-based Chimerix said that Mario’s experience would help the company as it aims to take its lead compound, CMX001, through phase III clinical trials and ultimately, commercialization. CMX001, is being studied to treat cytomegalovirus, adenovirus, BK virus and herpes simplex virus.
- Centice, a Morrisville company that has developed technology to identify and verify chemicals, has a new vice president of sales. Wayne Horvath brings to Centice 15 years of sales management experience at companies in the chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives security sector.
- ENCO Pharmaceutical Development’s Cary facility has passed a Food and Drug Administration inspection. The company said the FDA’s three-day audit found no problems. Jacksonville, Fla.-based ENCO opened its Cary site in 2010.
- PowerSecure (Nasdaq: POWR) says it has booked $20 million of new business across all service areas.
"The new utility infrastructure awards total approximately $8 million and include both transmission and distribution work for ongoing utility system maintenance and new construction projects, including several to support oil and natural gas activities requiring new transmission and distribution," the company said in a press release.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution