AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Don't be surprised if you are a Triangle resident - even in Durham, a non-AT&T market in the old telco days - and you see an AT&T crew touting "Gigapower" logos on shirts or trucks in the near future. The telecommunications giant is wasting no time in rolling out a fiber-optic network as part of the North Carolina Next Generation Network. With all six cities involved now on board, AT&T is moving fast - the old Ma Bell knows that Google could be a threat. So, too, is RST Fiber which has already targeted Wake Forest for testing. Watch out, folks, fiber is coming quickly....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Thanksgiving surges as buying day with mobile devices leading the way
- E-commerce sales appear headed toward cyber bonanza
- Report ranks AT&T No. 1 in fierce Triangle wireless battle
- Mark Zuckerberg delivers a message of hope - on Facebook, of course
- Missed the Internet of Things event? Watch it on demand
- Internet of Things is already helping save lives - including mine
- Red Hat's leaders, a chance to have impact, fun lure new CFO from Valley
- Duke survey: Jobs go unfilled because execs can't find qualified workers
- Beef up those sigs: New Research Triangle Software app adds photo, logo to texts
- Channel marketing, B2B sales and the rise of RTP's Zift Solutions