As stock rises, IBM moving hundreds of jobs south to Mexico
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue has made its corporate strategy well known: Drive down U.S. headcount and shift jobs to lower-cost countries as part of a plan to increase share value. As the Dow Jones industrial average hits a record high with IBM helping drive it there, Big Blue discloses it's moving U.S. manufacturing jobs south of the border....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Inside AgTech Accelerator: Much more than $$$ for startups
- Exclusive: AgTech Accelerator CEO spells out mission, offerings to startups, and why it's needed
- Countering downgrades, S&P gives Quintiles a post-merger boost
- 'Look, look:' Mira carries Triangle hopes to Google Demo Day
- Analyst: Q-IMS merger could trigger more deals; why Street doesn't like Q deal
- CEOs' meeting leads to huge $17.6B Quintiles-IMS merger
- Meet Carolyn Sparano, a Bronto vet, now its GM
- Joe Colopy's last Bronto roar: What's next for one of Triangle's best known entrepreneurs?
- Chaz Felix: Why he left Bronto, what's next, and will he work with Joe Colopy again?
- Capital funders for Triangle startups top $60M in April