As stock rises, IBM moving hundreds of jobs south to Mexico
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue has made its corporate strategy well known: Drive down U.S. headcount and shift jobs to lower-cost countries as part of a plan to increase share value. As the Dow Jones industrial average hits a record high with IBM helping drive it there, Big Blue discloses it's moving U.S. manufacturing jobs south of the border....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales