As stock rises, IBM moving hundreds of jobs south to Mexico
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Big Blue has made its corporate strategy well known: Drive down U.S. headcount and shift jobs to lower-cost countries as part of a plan to increase share value. As the Dow Jones industrial average hits a record high with IBM helping drive it there, Big Blue discloses it's moving U.S. manufacturing jobs south of the border....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)
- NC firms winning more federal innovation, tech grants (+ video)
- How can companies drive diversity? 10 lessons from PwC