As Jud Bowman plans for more growth, Appia hits 75M download milestone
Durham, N.C. — Just call Jud Bowman "Mr. Growth." Fresh from a new product launch in February and $5 million in funding raised in November, mobile apps services firm Appia has added 6 million downloads since January to reach 75 million. Revenue surged in 2013, and now CEO Jud Bowman has his eyes focused on reaching 100 million downloads. Facebook is No. 1 at 350 million, but Appia is charging hard. When asked if Appia might be the Triangle's next IPO candidate, however, he isn't talking. WRAL TechWire goes one-on-one with Bowman for our Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy