As Jud Bowman plans for more growth, Appia hits 75M download milestone
Durham, N.C. — Just call Jud Bowman "Mr. Growth." Fresh from a new product launch in February and $5 million in funding raised in November, mobile apps services firm Appia has added 6 million downloads since January to reach 75 million. Revenue surged in 2013, and now CEO Jud Bowman has his eyes focused on reaching 100 million downloads. Facebook is No. 1 at 350 million, but Appia is charging hard. When asked if Appia might be the Triangle's next IPO candidate, however, he isn't talking. WRAL TechWire goes one-on-one with Bowman for our Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Venessa Harrison: The journey from operator to president AT&T North Carolina
- Score one for RTP: CEO explains why he bolted Silicon Valley for Triangle
- Dr. James Goodnight, part 2: Advice on overcoming adversity, his proudest SAS memories, and the Triangle's bright future
- NC Biz Wire, PACES team, Google Fiber advocate land WRAL TechWire Editor's Choice Awards
- TechWire Awards go to six individual, six corporate Triangle tech, life science leaders
- Dr. James Goodnight: From moment of inspiration to building SAS, a global software powerhouse
- With all tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success