As Jud Bowman plans for more growth, Appia hits 75M download milestone
Durham, N.C. — Just call Jud Bowman "Mr. Growth." Fresh from a new product launch in February and $5 million in funding raised in November, mobile apps services firm Appia has added 6 million downloads since January to reach 75 million. Revenue surged in 2013, and now CEO Jud Bowman has his eyes focused on reaching 100 million downloads. Facebook is No. 1 at 350 million, but Appia is charging hard. When asked if Appia might be the Triangle's next IPO candidate, however, he isn't talking. WRAL TechWire goes one-on-one with Bowman for our Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Action! IBM's Watson produces first AI movie trailer (+ video)
- Another round of layoffs hit IBM, including Triangle
- Robotic farms? Ag robots, drones forecast as $10B buisness
- Durham hologram startup adds sign language capability
- Verizon: Network upgrade doubles download speeds in RTP, US
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world