As Jud Bowman plans for more growth, Appia hits 75M download milestone
Durham, N.C. — Just call Jud Bowman "Mr. Growth." Fresh from a new product launch in February and $5 million in funding raised in November, mobile apps services firm Appia has added 6 million downloads since January to reach 75 million. Revenue surged in 2013, and now CEO Jud Bowman has his eyes focused on reaching 100 million downloads. Facebook is No. 1 at 350 million, but Appia is charging hard. When asked if Appia might be the Triangle's next IPO candidate, however, he isn't talking. WRAL TechWire goes one-on-one with Bowman for our Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse