Analyze this: SAS steps up education commitment with Teradata deal
Cary, N.C. — When it comes to education, SAS co-founder and CEO Jim Goodnight backs his talk with money and resources. On Monday, SAS expanded that commitment to create a better educated U.S. workforce by announcing a partnership with Teradata that will make analytics more widely available to college students - at no cost. While SAS has worked with Teradata to create the "Legion of Analytic Superheroes" to honor industry leader, this new effort is designed to generate student (and job-candidate) superheroes. The head of education at SAS talks with WRALTechWire about the decision....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- With tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors
- Falling US sales help tumble Lenovo from No. 1 PC sales ranking