Analysts: With estimated $1B Tekelec buy, Oracle becomes big telecom player
Morrisville, N.C. — Inside the Oracle-Tekelec deal: Oracle, best known as a database giant, is moving into telecommunications through its buy of Tekelec and an earlier announced deal for Acme Packet. International analysis firm Ovum says Oracle sees opportunities to help telecom providers better monetize their networks and cites SAS as a potential competitor....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- NetSuite exec: Look for many new jobs in Durham after $200M Bronto buy
- Lenovo recalls 166,000 ThinkPad battery packs due to fire hazard
- Finalists in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards:' Competition is hot
- The closing of Raleigh's last B&B and the failure of government
- CEO: Marketing puts some sizzle in the Cree brand
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years
- Report: Venture funding surges in NC thanks to life science deals
- Job growth study: Raleigh No. 2 in tech, No. 1 in STEM