Analysts: With estimated $1B Tekelec buy, Oracle becomes big telecom player
Morrisville, N.C. — Inside the Oracle-Tekelec deal: Oracle, best known as a database giant, is moving into telecommunications through its buy of Tekelec and an earlier announced deal for Acme Packet. International analysis firm Ovum says Oracle sees opportunities to help telecom providers better monetize their networks and cites SAS as a potential competitor....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- 10 reasons why you should attend 'Fiber Transforms Triangle' event
- Will your startup 'VAPORIZE'? Marc Andreessen's warning to entrepreneurs, VCs
- Exclusive: IBM affirms RTP's importance with new data center
- Sageworks hopes to incubate new businesses, ideas with I-Lab
- Red Hat reports bug that could devastate 'Internet of Things'
- Novartis dedicates $1B vaccine plant with VIP flu shots as NC exec who recruited the firm will watch
- No Google Fiber news soon for RTP, but digging is furious in Austin
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups