Analysts: With estimated $1B Tekelec buy, Oracle becomes big telecom player
Morrisville, N.C. — Inside the Oracle-Tekelec deal: Oracle, best known as a database giant, is moving into telecommunications through its buy of Tekelec and an earlier announced deal for Acme Packet. International analysis firm Ovum says Oracle sees opportunities to help telecom providers better monetize their networks and cites SAS as a potential competitor....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics