Amazon says holidays were best ever for sales
Amazon says it had the best holiday season ever, with its own Echo home assistantt he best seller.
Amazon reports that it shipped more than a billion items globally with the Amazon Ec
o assistant and the Echo Dot topping the list of best sellers.
Amazon sold nine times the number of Echo devices it sold last year. Amazon executives said it was difficult to keep them in stock.
Other top sellers included the movie “Finding Dory,” Samsung Electronic’s VR virtual reality headset, and Nintendo’s Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon role-playing video games.
In a statistic we found surprising, 72 percent of Amazon customers used mobile devices to shop.
Prime customers, who get free two-day shipping as well as access to Amazon’s music and movie libraries, spent twice as much as other consumers.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy