Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Scot Wingo, CEO at ChannelAdvisor, asked me why I wanted to learn about the book business. "What makes you think there will be a book business in the future," he asked. Excellent question. As the Aereo vs. broadcasters case unfolds before the Supreme Court on Tuesday, its CEO defends the right of innovation and says no industry is "sacred." But as more and more traditional businesses disappear, who really are the losers? Us....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Action! IBM's Watson produces first AI movie trailer (+ video)
- Another round of layoffs hit IBM, including Triangle
- Robotic farms? Ag robots, drones forecast as $10B buisness
- Durham hologram startup adds sign language capability
- Verizon: Network upgrade doubles download speeds in RTP, US
- What a RIoT! Fast-growing IoT group hires exec director, changes name. broadens agenda
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world