Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Scot Wingo, CEO at ChannelAdvisor, asked me why I wanted to learn about the book business. "What makes you think there will be a book business in the future," he asked. Excellent question. As the Aereo vs. broadcasters case unfolds before the Supreme Court on Tuesday, its CEO defends the right of innovation and says no industry is "sacred." But as more and more traditional businesses disappear, who really are the losers? Us....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Meet the 'born multi-tasker' bringing Startup Grind to Raleigh
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report