Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Scot Wingo, CEO at ChannelAdvisor, asked me why I wanted to learn about the book business. "What makes you think there will be a book business in the future," he asked. Excellent question. As the Aereo vs. broadcasters case unfolds before the Supreme Court on Tuesday, its CEO defends the right of innovation and says no industry is "sacred." But as more and more traditional businesses disappear, who really are the losers? Us....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T donates $33,000 for PC training at gigabit Internet kickoff
- Races are on: Hundreds already voting in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards'
- Ultra-fast Internet network coming first to Raleigh community center
- Red Hat sizzles: Stock soars to 2nd highest all-time price
- Will new NC crowdfunding bill ('Paces') bring clarity, win passage?
- WTW's 'Full Steam Ahead Award' field is set; cast your vote today
- Red Hat earnings: Another surprise or will strong dollar wreak havoc?
- Internet providers file lawsuits against FCC 'net neutrality' rules
- RDU's wireless access plunges in latest report on performance
- After 7-year run, NCTA pults hold on high-tech jobs report