A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The Town of Cary published, albeit briefly, a document spelling out details of a job recruitment proposal that could lead to the addition of 1,237 information technology jobs from an "international information technology and engineering services firm." For those interested in how economic recruitment works, this is interesting reading. The package includes $17 million in state tax credits and a $123,700 matching grant from Cary for a state One North Carolina Fund grant....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Progress: Crowdfunding, economic development bill advances in Senate
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2