A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The Town of Cary published, albeit briefly, a document spelling out details of a job recruitment proposal that could lead to the addition of 1,237 information technology jobs from an "international information technology and engineering services firm." For those interested in how economic recruitment works, this is interesting reading. The package includes $17 million in state tax credits and a $123,700 matching grant from Cary for a state One North Carolina Fund grant....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- 10 reasons why you should attend 'Fiber Transforms Triangle' event
- Will your startup 'VAPORIZE'? Marc Andreessen's warning to entrepreneurs, VCs
- Exclusive: IBM affirms RTP's importance with new data center
- Sageworks hopes to incubate new businesses, ideas with I-Lab
- Red Hat reports bug that could devastate 'Internet of Things'
- Novartis dedicates $1B vaccine plant with VIP flu shots as NC exec who recruited the firm will watch
- No Google Fiber news soon for RTP, but digging is furious in Austin
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups