A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The Town of Cary published, albeit briefly, a document spelling out details of a job recruitment proposal that could lead to the addition of 1,237 information technology jobs from an "international information technology and engineering services firm." For those interested in how economic recruitment works, this is interesting reading. The package includes $17 million in state tax credits and a $123,700 matching grant from Cary for a state One North Carolina Fund grant....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?
- IBM's work force drops by 50,000 in 2014 under reboot
- SAS creates new division focusing on risk research, is hiring
- Slideshow: Why Valeant is buying Salix in a $14B deal
- Lenovo apologizes for adware; feds repeat security risk warning
- Sale won't end turmoil at Salix - look for more in short term