A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The Town of Cary published, albeit briefly, a document spelling out details of a job recruitment proposal that could lead to the addition of 1,237 information technology jobs from an "international information technology and engineering services firm." For those interested in how economic recruitment works, this is interesting reading. The package includes $17 million in state tax credits and a $123,700 matching grant from Cary for a state One North Carolina Fund grant....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Google's 'reserve the date' notice could mean fiber for Triangle
- Just who is driving for Uber? And why? You might be surprised
- Cree's top exec gets a curve ball to end earnings call - Might he split the company?
- There's a RIoT going on in Durham - Internet of Things, that is - tonight
- As backlash against 'shared economy' grows, is this the next 'dot com' bomb?
- Governor's 'Innovation' plan shows potential for entire state, not just RTP
- Venture investor on NC deal flow: 'Great to be back in the top 10'
- Angel investor: VC stats 'moving in the right direction for us'
- Durham startup CEO on VC funding surge: 'I love it'
- Dow Jones: NC venture deals up in value but fall in raw numbers