'Smart transportation' plan to be unveiled in Raleigh
Raleigh, N.C. —
The Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster will announce its smart transportation industry focus today at the N.C. Plug-in Electric Vehicle Task Force meeting at 2:30 p.m. in the Sheraton Hotel, 421 S. Salisbury St. Raleigh.
The plan will build on the Triangle’s critical mass of PEV companies and research. For example, North Carolina State University is home to the FREEDM Center, which is conducting research on smart grid technologies. Also, Schneider Electric manufactures electric charging stations in Knightdale.
Please log in or register to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBM layoff update: North American cuts climb; mum is word down under
- At last! Sprint 4G service formally launches in Triangle
- Big Blue's layoff total climbs in RTP; North America total surges past 2,800
- Big Blue layoff count nears 2,800 in North America alone
- NC's high-tech job picture improves in May, but ...
- IBM layoff count hits nearly 2,300 across 31 work groups
- NC IDEA: Startup deal flow 'better than it has ever been'
- IBM's job cuts are global, nearing 4,000; most are in U.S.
- CEO fears for future of NC Biofuels Center due to budget cuts
- Workers 50+ take biggest hit among 14% reduction in IBM marketing group