'Cloud' is the limit for Red Hat as Amazon Web Services, other deals show
Raleigh, N.C. — Red Hat drove the Linux operating system worldwide and in the process became the leading open source developer. Now as recent deals continue to show the Hatters are taking the same "open" philosophy to the cloud. By offering free "test drives" on Amazon's cloud, Red Hat is taking its RH Enterprise Linux model that made RHEL a dominant force on Wall Street to the heavenly realm of shared hardware and on-demand services....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics