'Cloud' is the limit for Red Hat as Amazon Web Services, other deals show
Raleigh, N.C. — Red Hat drove the Linux operating system worldwide and in the process became the leading open source developer. Now as recent deals continue to show the Hatters are taking the same "open" philosophy to the cloud. By offering free "test drives" on Amazon's cloud, Red Hat is taking its RH Enterprise Linux model that made RHEL a dominant force on Wall Street to the heavenly realm of shared hardware and on-demand services....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Find out how to grow a gigabit ecosystem at WTW's Wilson event
- Want a job at SAS? Here's what they are looking for
- Google Fiber halts expansion but 'work will continue' in Triangle, Charlotte
- Allyson Sutton begins writing new pages in post-HQ Raleigh career
- Study: RTP among lowest-cost sites to lure advanced manufacturing
- Report: Pentagon warns against use of Lenovo gear, citing cybersecurity, China
- Inside Charlotte's startup scene: Surging - but with growing pains
- Veteran lawyer: Venture capital 'becoming increasingly irrelevant'
- How to grow a gigabit ecosystem - The Wilson story: A WRAL TechWire event
- A downer: NC's $100M per quarter in VC deals ends