'Cloud' is the limit for Red Hat as Amazon Web Services, other deals show
Raleigh, N.C. — Red Hat drove the Linux operating system worldwide and in the process became the leading open source developer. Now as recent deals continue to show the Hatters are taking the same "open" philosophy to the cloud. By offering free "test drives" on Amazon's cloud, Red Hat is taking its RH Enterprise Linux model that made RHEL a dominant force on Wall Street to the heavenly realm of shared hardware and on-demand services....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Connecticut launches formal investigation of Lenovo adware
- NC biotech startups share global spotlight in Raleigh
- Report: NC biotech sector produces $73B, responsible for 61,000 jobs
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?
- IBM's work force drops by 50,000 in 2014 under reboot
- SAS creates new division focusing on risk research, is hiring