NC IDEA'S biggest grant - $250,000 - gives CED chance to really 'Start Something'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Like any non-profit organization, the Council for Entrepreneurial Development faces a never-ending need to raise money from donors and sponsors. But the $250,000 grant from NC IDEA - the biggest ever given in one sum by the group - is a huge shot-in-the-arm of cash that gives CED leaders a chance to spend less time raising money and more time fueling further growth of the Triangle's resurgent tech community. The $135 million sale of Digitalsmiths is proof CED is crucial to the region's continued growth. And the CED says it has new plans for its future. NC IDEA has bought in. CED must now deliver....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- E-commerce sales appear headed toward cyber bonanza
- Report ranks AT&T No. 1 in fierce Triangle wireless battle
- Mark Zuckerberg delivers a message of hope - on Facebook, of course
- Missed the Internet of Things event? Watch it on demand
- Internet of Things is already helping save lives - including mine
- Red Hat's leaders, a chance to have impact, fun lure new CFO from Valley
- Duke survey: Jobs go unfilled because execs can't find qualified workers
- Beef up those sigs: New Research Triangle Software app adds photo, logo to texts
- Channel marketing, B2B sales and the rise of RTP's Zift Solutions
- Who's best presidential contender for business? Trump, say CFOs in Duke survey