NC IDEA'S biggest grant - $250,000 - gives CED chance to really 'Start Something'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Like any non-profit organization, the Council for Entrepreneurial Development faces a never-ending need to raise money from donors and sponsors. But the $250,000 grant from NC IDEA - the biggest ever given in one sum by the group - is a huge shot-in-the-arm of cash that gives CED leaders a chance to spend less time raising money and more time fueling further growth of the Triangle's resurgent tech community. The $135 million sale of Digitalsmiths is proof CED is crucial to the region's continued growth. And the CED says it has new plans for its future. NC IDEA has bought in. CED must now deliver....
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'
- Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
- Bravo! 'The Escapist' is a finalist for a 4th Webby Award