NC IDEA'S biggest grant - $250,000 - gives CED chance to really 'Start Something'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Like any non-profit organization, the Council for Entrepreneurial Development faces a never-ending need to raise money from donors and sponsors. But the $250,000 grant from NC IDEA - the biggest ever given in one sum by the group - is a huge shot-in-the-arm of cash that gives CED leaders a chance to spend less time raising money and more time fueling further growth of the Triangle's resurgent tech community. The $135 million sale of Digitalsmiths is proof CED is crucial to the region's continued growth. And the CED says it has new plans for its future. NC IDEA has bought in. CED must now deliver....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics