NC IDEA'S biggest grant - $250,000 - gives CED chance to really 'Start Something'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Like any non-profit organization, the Council for Entrepreneurial Development faces a never-ending need to raise money from donors and sponsors. But the $250,000 grant from NC IDEA - the biggest ever given in one sum by the group - is a huge shot-in-the-arm of cash that gives CED leaders a chance to spend less time raising money and more time fueling further growth of the Triangle's resurgent tech community. The $135 million sale of Digitalsmiths is proof CED is crucial to the region's continued growth. And the CED says it has new plans for its future. NC IDEA has bought in. CED must now deliver....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Obama's immigration moves don't satisfy tech sector, entrepreneurs
- FCC: 'Big dogs' will sue any new net neutrality rules
- Forbes: Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Durham-CH are 'smart' cities
- Consumer Reports: Republic Wireless is top prepaid provider
- AT&T topples Verizon in latest Raleigh wireless tests
- Reality check: Next Glass goes live with wine, beer app
- Survey shows corporate progress in embracing LGBT equality
- Raleigh digital marketing agency hiring up to 30 after acquisition
- Appia's CEO plans to 'stay engaged' as $100M deal unfolds
- More help wanted: High-tech job openings across NC surge 6%